Free Adoption Support Memberships available to Adopt London families
Adopt London East Support
At Adopt London East we understand the importance of your adoption journey and how adopted children have often experienced early traumatic and difficult starts in life. Our dedicated adoption support team is here for you to listen to you and assess your needs. The service you can access will depend on your circumstances and individual needs. When a referral has been made, we will carry out an assessment and make recommendations. See below what Adopt London East can offer.
Support for Adopters and Children
- Assessment of adoption support needs and identifying relevant services
- Apply to the Adoption Support Fund for therapeutic services for the child and family
- On-going advice and support to children and families struggling due to various issues such as behavioural issues, gang involvement, drugs, etc.
- Liaising with Education, health, social services and other professionals to provide support to the family
- Advising and signposting families to access different support services available
- Support groups and events for adoptive families and adopted children
- Facilitating contact between adoptive families and birth families. View our Contact Guide for Adoptive Families here and our Contact Guide for Birth Families here.
- Support families with contact arrangements i.e. writing letterbox and/or supervising contact
- Treasure Keepers Level One Parenting Training. The TREASURE interventions aim to help assist and develop parenting approaches and so help promote better relationships and well-being within the family. The training started on 17/09/20 and is being delivered virtually every 2 weeks up until December 2020
- A local therapeutic surgery run by an independent charity PAC-UK, which provides confidential advice and counselling
- Signposting to other appropriate services and support groups including free memberships to National Association of Therapeutic Parenting until December 2020 and free sign up for access to WAFTalks
Support for Adopted Adults
- Support to access adoption records and provide birth records counselling (this work includes redaction of adoption records prior to sharing)
- Advice and signpost to access intermediary services including tracing birth family members
- Support in establishing contact with birth family
Support for Birth Relatives
- Supporting birth family members who want to establish contact with adopted relatives
- Advising and signposting birth family members to access support services
- Support groups for birth family members
- Support birth family members with setting up contact arrangements, writing letterbox and/or supervising direct contact
Ready to speak to someone?
Let us help you to find the advice you need