Adopt London North Support
As well as the joys of adopting a child, we know there are challenges too. Whether education, health or family life, the Adopt London North (ALN) support team are here to help.
Adopt London North Support
If you are an adoptive family living in any of the Adopt London North boroughs; Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey or Islington, or your child was adopted from any of these boroughs, please contact us and we can discuss the support available. You will be able to speak with a social worker who will assess your needs and signpost you to the right support.
Telephone: 020 7527 4777 (select Option Two)
Support available with ALN
We aim to provide you with the best possible service to meet your support needs.
- Telephone conversation with an adoption support social worker. They will assess your needs and suggest support options from our resources and partners
- Assess the therapeutic support needs for your family and an application to the Adoption Support Fund, if required.
- Support with your Adoption Order application and reimbursement of fees
- Online training and themed workshops on a number of topics, including the Great Behaviour Breakdown (GBB) or Non-Violence Resistance (NVR) training. Both sessions will give parents the techniques and tips they can use at home
- Training on further developing adopters’ therapeutic parenting skills via support seminars
- PAC-UK advice, information and support is free to ALN parents, including educational support. You can call their dedicated Advice Line on 020 7284 5879 for an initial consultation
- Linking with an experienced adopter who will provide support and guidance
- Support with facilitating Contact arrangements – direct and indirect – all via our Letterbox system
- Signposting to other appropriate services and support groups including free memberships to National Association of Therapeutic Parenting and Adopter Hub until December 2020 and free sign up for access to WAFTalks
We also provide a digital newsletter to keep you updated on adoption training, events and activities around the Adopt London North boroughs and across London.
We aim to provide the following services:
- Saturday workshops for the parents of adopted teenagers. As well as receiving practical advice, it is also a chance to meet socially with families who often share the same experiences.
- A welcoming and friendly group for adopted adults to meet up every other month in North London. It is run by adopted adults for adopted adults. A range of speakers are invited and each meeting usually has a topic for discussion.
- Family fun days, where we have a party for our adopted children and their families, giving them a chance to meet other families like theirs and have a chat, make new friends or share stories and support each other. Social workers are on hand to offer advice and catch up with you and your children.
Support during COVID19
We have commissioned additional services using government funding to help support you during the COVID-19 pandemic. Further information can be found on the COVID-19 page and on our news and blog pages.
Ready to speak to someone?
Let us help you to find the advice you need