FREE – 12 months support for Special Guardians
Kinship Response available for FREE until 31 Dec 2020. We know that Covid-19 has been really tough for Special Guardians. Since the lockdown began, Grandparents Plus the leading kinship care charity is offering ‘Kinship Response’. It is there for all Special Guardians, not just Grandparents.
By registering FREE for the 12-month support package, special guardians can get special advice, and support, including:
- Priority access to our specialist advice service via phone, email or online
- One-to-one support that includes an Initial phone call to assess your family’s needs
- Applications for grants for essential items
- Up to three further one hour calls per Special Guardian with a project worker – via phone, WhatsApp video, Zoom or Skype
- Access to our Someone Like Me telephone peer support service
- Membership of Grandparents Plus Kinship Community of 7,000+ members
- Access to live regional Facebook advice surgeries and virtual support groups
- Access to digital skills support
- Access to the Grandparents Plus website – regularly updated with relevant information to support you during the pandemic
All Special Guardians within the 23 local authorities of Adopt London are eligible and also Special Guardians whose children were placed by these councils Call 0300 033 9851 Monday-Thursday 10 am-2 pm or fill in this form online at www.grandparentsplus.org.uk/kinshipresponse . You need to register by 31 December 2020 to access this support.
How can this make a difference to me?
Watch this film which explains the help available for you, called Something to be proud of which shows how they can help families like yours.
How will I benefit from this membership? Special Guardians tell us that they
- feel less isolated or lonely as part of the kinship care community and by attending virtual support groups, and their wellbeing is improved through sharing their stories with others in a similar situation
- feel more able to support the children in their care through sharing their concerns and experiences with families in the same situation
- have had help with financial worries through the support they have received from the advice service and grants that they can apply for through Grandparents Plus
- are more able to manage their children’s behaviour and manage family relationships through sharing their concerns and experiences with others in a similar situation to themselves
Please don’t miss out – please fill in this online form at www.grandparentsplus.org.uk/kinshipresponse before end of December 2020 to claim your FREE 12-month membership to access ongoing support, or call 0300 033 9851 Monday – Thursday 10am-2 pm.