Adopt London South Support
At Adopt London South we understand that adopted children have often had a difficult start in life and can struggle with relationships, making sense of their past and making attachments to their family and routines.
Contact us for support
We have a Post Adoption Support Team who aim to review and triage all referrals within four weeks and signpost you to the most appropriate form of support. You can email us at: postadoptionsupportALS@southwark.gov.uk
If however your circumstances become more difficult please call our helpline and request a consultation with one of our experienced social workers on 020 7525 4491 / 020 7525 1335 / 020 7525 5949. We are currently operating an answer machine which is reviewed twice daily at 9am and 2pm.
Support during COVID-19
A number of services have been commissioned using government emergency funding, which is limited and some services will only be accessible until the end of September 2020. We want as many as possible of our Adopt London South families to benefit from these services. Please identify the most appropriate offer for your family and refer yourself. Information on all of the services can be found on our COVID-19 webpage and more details within our news and blog pages.
Post Adoption Support Services
When we receive a referral from a family for support, we will review your request. If necessary we ill assess your needs and will make recommendations and refer or signpost you to the most appropriate service available, or support you with an application to the Adoption Support Fund. Currently we provide the following:
- A telephone or zoom appointment to discuss your situation and needs
- Access to the helpline of PAC-UK for anyone affected by adoption
- Themed Workshops & Training including the Great Behaviour Breakdown, Saturday Workshops and Adopter led workshops such as Attachment Sense Sensory and Life Story work
- A consultation with a Louis Sidney Child & Adult Psychotherapist with extensive experience in working with loss and bereavement, attachment, trauma and life story work to provide family therapy and build the bonds of attachment within families who care for children who have experienced difficult early lives.
- Access to the Adopt London South Transracial Support Group for adopters with children, prospective adopters without children and adult adoptees.
- Signposting to other appropriate services and or support groups run across London.
Join The Adoptables
The Adoptables is a social group for adopted young people that provides those between the age of 8 and 17 a platform to talk about their unique life, school and adoption experiences and develop relationships with other adopted young people.
The young people are also encouraged to also share their views on adoption-related topics, to help shape our adoption practices and influence the development of ALS service.
Get Involved – If you are an adopted young person and would like to be involved meet with other young people like you please contact: postadoptionsupportALS@southwark.gov.uk
Comments, Complaints and Compliments
If you wish to make a complaint, provide a compliment or comment about the Adopt London South Post Adoption Support Team please email the team manager, email@example.com. If you wish to make a complaint about your child’s Local Authority please refer to that Local Authority’s complaints service.
Ready to speak to someone?
Let us help you to find the advice you need